Welcome to Week 3 of Pedagome @ DigPINS: Pedagogy! This week runs from May 20th-May 24th and will be facilitated by Sophia Strickfaden and La Dawna Minnis.
After thinking about one’s own identity and networked interactions, participants are encouraged to think about possibilities in the context of their own teaching and how they might support educators in effectively using digital spaces to support critical thinking. If we think of learning extending outside of the LMS or classroom, what is already happening or what can happen in digital spaces?
Some of the guiding questions for this week are:
- How has technology changed your pedagogical approach? How do you guide faculty in their use of technology to meet their pedagogical goals?
- When does dialect influence your work with faculty? What guidance do you currently or will you provide to faculty or collaborators on their considerations for critical pedagogy?
- How does critical pedagogy intersect with active learning?
- Please take some time to read blog posts from last week and comment.
- Explore the DS106 assignment bank and select a creative challenge to reflect on Digital Pedagogy http://assignments.ds106.us/. Share your creations via blog, tweet, slack etc and make sure to use #DS106 #DigPins and #pedagome. Here are some of our favorites:
- Learning By Design http://assignments.ds106.us/assignments/learning-by-design/
- Infographic Life http://assignments.ds106.us/assignments/infographic-life/
- 256 Points http://assignments.ds106.us/assignments/256-points/
- Review the resources linked below and respond to the guiding questions in Slack.
- Attend the synchronous activity for this week: a Zoom event on Thursday May 23rd, 2:30pm PT / 3:30pm MT / 5:30pm ET
- Topic: Critical Digital Pedagogy and Digital Spaces
- Explore the databases below and find an article that would be helpful to you in your work with faculty development. Include a reflection about how this topic might impact your work and what practices might result. Share your reflections via blog, tweet, slack etc and make sure to use #DigPins and #pedagome.
- BONUS: Participate in the
#MarginalSyllabus convo on “We Are Not Dirt’: Freirean Counternarratives and Rhetorical Literacies for Student Voice in Schooling” https://via.hypothes.is/https://educatorinnovator.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/EJ_WeAreNotDirt.pdf
- Watch: Redefining Learning & Teaching using Technology
- Read: Becoming a Critical Educator: Critical Pedagogy in Community Colleges